Acara Solutions is hiring an Operations Manager for our client in Oakland (94607). This is a full-time, direct hire role with a salary range of 95-105k with up to 20% yearly bonus potential.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and supervising employees and all phases of terminal operations activities including the cost-efficient use of labor and stevedore equipment, supervision of labor, and preparation and distribution of comprehensive and accurate operations reports.
Due to the nature of our business, work shifts may fluctuate dependent upon vessel arrival schedules and operational requirements. Must be available to work weekends, day and night shift and long hours (up to 12 hours per shift and adapt to changes in work schedules as needed. Work schedule may include 'flip' in shifts (day and night shift within the same day or week).
This position offers great opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their capabilities of supervising employees, planning efficient operations, organization, leadership, management, and overall knowledge of terminal operations. The position requires aggressive and innovative decision-making and management skills that result in a harmonious and successful operation.
Functions within terminal operations (yard/gate/vessel, etc.) are fully integrated. The incumbent will be fully trained in all job responsibilities and in addition to those job responsibilities, may be called upon to assist in all areas of terminal operations on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure the strict adherence with the International Maritime Dangerous Cargo code and the Code of Federal Regulations (IMDG and CFR) for hazardous cargo.
- Instruct frontline supervision at the start of each shift regarding maintaining a safe working environment at all times. Give safety talks regarding the safe and proper method of performing job duties and the wearing of safety equipment and proper P.P.E.
- Prepare a productivity report for assigned department. This report must be updated on a shift-by-shift basis and includes manpower for each shift. The report must be balanced against the dispatch log at the end of each shift.
- Coordinate closely with M&R (Maintenance and Repair) to ensure equipment demand/availability and triage plans are executed.
- Coordinate vessel schedules, pro-forma integrity, gang structure and oversight/assignment of dispatch, steady scheduling and LRCs.
- Constantly monitor the progress of vessel operation and make adjustments when necessary. Communicate with the vessel agent regarding all aspects of the operation.
- Prepare a vessel productivity report for each vessel. This report must be updated on a shift-by-shift basis and includes manpower for each shift. The report must be balanced against the supercargo shift report at the end of each shift. The report is then totaled and detailed against inbound and outbound cargo manifests and submitted to Senior Management.