Acara Solutions is looking for a Continuous Improvement Leader in Orchard Park, NY for one of our medical device clients
The Continuous Improvement Leader is a key member of the Plant Leadership Team and will provide leadership, training, and support to the Orchard Park site in an effort to achieve 'Best in Class' performance. The CI Leader will establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology and creating transparency to monitor progress. In this role, you will develop a common and consistent approach to continuous improvement and strategy. This position will lead, grow, and develop the Operational Excellence culture.
GROWTH: This is an outstanding opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Leader to work in a fast-paced growth site that manufactures medical devices. The CI Leader can grow across Viant with an established Career Laddering program and Corporate OPEX team.
VISION: Our focus is on enhancing the customer experience by building true business partnerships and our business though, Teamwork, Being Agile, having Personal Integrity, Owning It, and Recognizing the Success of others because together, We Are In It For Life.
- Lead the training of the Site employees in Lean Enterprise principles, ensuring they have a solid working knowledge of how to apply these tools & techniques to achieve process improvements in the manufacturing & office environment
- Perform facility-wide training in Lean Manufacturing tools, including the use of Kaizen events, Value-Stream Mapping, Single-Piece Flow, TPM, Setup Reduction, 5S, Kanban, etc. Apply a 'train the trainer' approach to progressively educate managers, supervisors and cell leaders to conduct independent Lean initiatives.
- Develop and deploy the annual facility Continuous Improvement Plan, consistent with the Hoshin Planning cycle and Corporate Continuous Improvement Plan
- Lead the delivery of significant, quantifiable, annualized cost savings. Take accountability for the success of identified cost reduction. Drive cost reduction efforts through cycle time reduction, process improvement, setup reduction, etc.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes through the use of Lean Sigma. Drive the development of product flow and make recommendations on the efficient lay-out of the manufacturing floor and track the resulting benefit of those implemented changes
- Lead the Site deployment of hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly metrics, ensuring that collection and monitoring of this information is meaningful in the identification of areas requiring process improvement or corrective action.
- Lead problem solving efforts both internally and externally, working closely with customers and QA on internal and external corrective and preventive actions
- Partner with Supply Chain Management in the development of partnerships with suppliers and maximizing the use of VMI programs, Kanbans, and consignment inventory with key customers
- Drive six sigma process improvement methodologies as the facility wide 'thinking tool.' Be the facility wide champion for data based decision making
- Lead the training of the workforce in Six Sigma tools & techniques to ensure all associates are capable of participating in a process improvement project team
- Assist QA with process capability validation, the implementation and qualification of new equipment (i.e. new machines, automation) and the certification of primary and secondary processes using statistical methods, capability studies, etc.
- Assist Finance in tracking the financial impact and benefits of Lean and Six Sigma initiatives, establishing metrics consistent with Lean Thinking
- Assist in the establishment of standard costs for new and existing products, where impacted by Lean deployment initiatives
- Maintain a current knowledge base and personal development plan to retain leadership skill set in the Lean Sigma disciplines.